Lesley Waters Cookery School at Abbotís Hill Farm is situated in 9 acres of glorious countryside nestled in the heart of West Dorset and is the perfect location for couples wishing to have a relaxed and gorgeous marquee wedding.
Our Wedding Co-ordinator, Cheryl, will work closely with you to turn your dreams and ideas into a reality.
Abbotís Hill Farm truly is a spectacular new wedding venue for 2017!
To ensure that you have plenty of time the day before and after your wedding, the site hire runs from midday the day before your wedding to 3pm the day after your wedding enabling you to collect items from the site or perhaps organise a late brunch for all your family and friends.
The marquee will be ready and waiting for you when you arrive and an Event Manager will be on site to meet and greet you.
There is on-site parking and the farm can also be accessed by coaches or perhaps a vintage red bus or two should you prefer to transport your guests to the venue.
Your marquee will include
- Clearspan marquee & windows - Mid ivory lining including window drapes
- Carpet or coconut matting (with tarpaulin underlay)
- 2 x 8 Arm chandelier & dimmer
- Limewash chivari or natural Cheltenham chairs supplied with Ivory seat pads
- 5 ft 6 round tables - Traditional top table to seat 11 - Cake table
- 4 x trestle tables for cards, gifts, buffet etc
- Oak parquet dance floor - Stage (8ft by 16ft)
- 3m bar tent, floored and lit - 3m by 3m entrance porch - Uplighters
Additional items included in your package:
- 2+1 Luxury toilet unit suitable for up to 180 guests
- 40 kva generator including distribution board
- Full tank of fuel
By choosing to hold your wedding at Abbotís Hill, you will have the benefit of your wedding breakfast being planned by a celebrity chef, Lesley Waters.
Lesley Waters is best known for her regular television appearances on Ready Steady Cook, Great Food Live and This Morning, Lesley is also the author of several cookery books, a qualified Fitness Instructor and a mother of two! Originally a Londoner born & bred, Lesley was quickly charmed by the beauty of the West Dorset area and inspired by the superb quality of the fresh local produce available right on her doorstep.
Lesley has run a very successful cookery school at Abbotís Hill Farm for over 14 years offering several courses from full day demonstrations to hands on cookery days, a wonderful experience for all foodies! She has collaborated with the award winning Red Herring Event Company to bring her style of cooking to your wedding day using fresh and local produce.
Included in your package:
- A selection of 5 canapes per person
- 3 course menu including coffee
- Event Manager & uniformed staff to look after guests from arrival to the end of the meal
- China & cutlery, delivered, polished and collected after the wedding
- Glass hire
- Set up team
Red Herring will be happy to quote you for your evening food* or you are welcome to organise this yourself in the form of a hog roast, perhaps a pizza van or good old fish and chips!
*subject to an additional charge
As part of your wedding package we include a professional bar company, fully stocked with a great range of premium products and with a team of professional bar tenders to make sure your guests are looked after.
There are several ways that you can choose to run the bar on the day:
The bar will run like any other bar and guests will pay for their own drinks.
Perfect for you if you would like to treat your guests to their first round of drinks or more. You can place a pre-agreed amount of money behind the bar, once the limit has been reached it turns into a cash bar.
If you donít want your guests to pay for any drinks then they donít have to. You and your guests can enjoy drinks all night long and then you can settle the bill before you leave at the end of the night.
A minimum spend of £1000.00 is required.
The bar must be open for a minimum of 5 hours.
Welcome Drinks & Wine
You can choose to provide your own welcome drinks and wine for the table with no corkage charge or alternatively your Wedding Co-ordinator can arrange this for you with local wine merchants and our bar company.
If you decide to provide your own welcome drinks and wine then we ask that this is all delivered the day before, the catering company can arrange additional glass hire* and serve the drinks to your guests.
*subject to an additional charge
Our aim is to make your wedding as stress free as possible and that includes our pricing. We have put together a package price which includes:
- Site Hire from midday on the day of your wedding to 3pm on the day after the wedding
- Marquee (as per the list on the marquee page)
- Wedding Co-ordinator to help plan your day
- Event Manager to run the day
- Service Staff
- 3 course wedding breakfast with coffee & tea
- Professional bar company
Weddings at Abbots Hill Farm are managed by Cheryl Davies from The Event PA